- Information We Collect
- How We Use the Information we collect
- How We Disclose the Information we collect
- Third Party Analytics and Tracking
- User Generated Content
- Third-Party Links
- Marketing Communications
- Children Under 13
- Contact Us
- Changes to this Policy
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information from our Customers and users of our Site, and we also receive information from or on behalf of our Customers about the users of our Customers’ website(s).
OUR CUSTOMERS AND SITE USERS
Information We Collect Directly From You. We collect information directly from you when you request information from us, when you register with us, and for our registered customers, when you log into your account. The information that we collect may include your name, contact information and billing information any other information you provide to us.
Information We Collect From Social Networking Sites. If you choose to “Like” us, subscribe to our twitter feed, or connect with us on LinkedIn, we may receive information from those third party sites. For example, when you “Like” us through Facebook, we receive your Facebook user ID and the pages you were visiting when you chose to “Like” us; we may also collect any profile information that you share with everyone. To review and manage the privacy settings for your social networking accounts, you should refer to the privacy settings for the social network.
USERS OF OUR CUSTOMERS’ WEBSITES
Zaius’s clients and customers (“Customers”) may use our Analytics Services, which includes certain code, software, cookies and other tracking mechanisms, and services to obtain information regarding the activities that users engage in while visiting their websites (“Customer Analytics Data”). When a user visits a website that uses our Analytics Service, code contained on the website contacts our servers and enables Zaius to collect Customer Analytics Data. Some Customers may also use their own code to obtain analytics data about users of their websites and services, and then send such information to our servers. Customer Analytics Data is stored on Zaius’ web servers and databases for use in performing analysis and producing reports for Customers, and for other purposes explained in this Policy.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use the information that we collect for the following purposes:
- To provide the Analytics Services and as part of our other behavioral analytics services.
- To process payments and for invoicing and billing purposes.
- To communicate with Customers and users of our Site and services, and for other customer service purposes.
- For marketing and promotional purposes. For example, we may send our Customers news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or otherwise contact our Customers about products or information we think may be of interest. We also may use the information that we learn to assist us in advertising the Analytics Services and our other services on third party websites.
- To better understand how users access and use our Site and Analytics Services, in order to improve our Site and Analytics Services and respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes.
- To compile aggregate data derived from our Analytics Services (including the Customer Analytics Data of multiple Customers) to compile statistics, metrics, insights and general trend data about Zaius, website activity and behavioral data (on an aggregate and individual basis) and the use of the Analytics Services for, among other things, Zaius’ internal use, research, marketing and promotional purposes, and as part of our other analytics services.
- If you “like” us on Facebook, we will post updates in your newsfeed
HOW WE DISCLOSE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We do not share the information we collect or receive with third parties for their own marketing purposes. We may disclose the information that we collect as follows:
- Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf and are not permitted to use such data except on behalf of Zaius.
- Customers. A Customer is able to access and review the information collected or received by us in connection with that Customers’ use of the Analytics Services.
- Visitors to Our Site. Your user name and any information that you post to our Site, including, without limitation, reviews, comments, and text may be available to, and searchable by, other visitors to our Site.
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected to the other company.
- In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
Disabling Cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or disable cookies altogether. Disabling cookies may affect the functionality of the websites and online services you use.
Clear GIFs, pixel tags and other technologies. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our Site to, among other things, track the activities of Site visitors, help us manage content, and compile statistics about Site usage. We, and our third party service providers, also use clear GIFs in HTML e-mails to our customers, to help us track e-mail response rates, identify when our e-mails are viewed, and track whether our e-mails are forwarded.
THIRD PARTY ANALYTICS AND TRACKING
USER GENERATED CONTENT
We invite registered users to post content on our Site, including your comments, pictures, and any other information that you would like to be available on our Site. If you post content to our Site, all of the information that you post will be available to our registered customers. If you post your own content on our Site or services, your posting may become public and we cannot prevent such information from being used in a manner that may violate this Policy, the law, or your personal privacy.
Our Site and services may contain links to third-party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third party websites.
We have implemented security precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security. You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
We may send periodic promotional emails to you. You may opt-out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the e-mail. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you e-mails related to your account or any services you have requested or received from us.
CHILDREN UNDER 13
Our Site is not designed for users under 18 and our Analytics Services may only be used by Customers over 18 years of age. Further, our Analytics Services may not be used to collect information from children under 13 years of age or on websites that are directed to children under 13 years of age; if we discover that we have collected personal information from children under 13, we will take steps to securely delete such information.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Site or Analytics Services or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at email@example.com.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy on our Site. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personally identifiable information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our Site.
EFFECTIVE DATE: August 1, 2013; Updated: June 05, 2014.